Sunday, July 15, 2012

Motorola Atrix HD First Look

1 comments




Motorola’s first HD phone for the U.S. market, the Atrix HD, has arrived at our doorstep. Launching in stores on July 15, you can pick one up for $99 on 2-year contract. With its 4.5″ HD ColorBoost display, 1.5GHz dual-core processor, 1GB of RAM, 8MP camera, and 4G LTE radio, that sounds like a steal to me. The look is clearly reminiscent of the RAZR series from Motorola, but since it has on-screen navigation keys, that HD display, and a Snapdragon processor, it performs quite a bit differently.

In just the short amount of time that I’ve had with it today, I can say that this phone feels amazing in hand. When I first booted up, I almost didn’t think it had a battery inside because of the light weight. The on-screen navigation keys are also a bonus for Android enthusiasts, but the true star here is the display. I’ve already taken a macro shot of it which I’ll post up in a bit. The colors just seem extra vibrant even though it’s not an AMOLED display.

Unboxing and First Look:


 
 
 
 

 

Labels